Friday, November 11, 2005

A Short Update for all my loyal readers

I just wanted to say Thank you to Cousin Sarah for her wonderful card. I appericate it. This week has been a rough week for me. I just started my new job at the photography studio as the Assistant Manager and well I feel incredibly overwhelmed and stressed all rolled into one. I know that I have a lot of anxious readers wondering how it was going and I wish I could say it was the BEST job ever but... it's quite a change. This week I have been learning the different "zones" and areas of the store and it has been stressful. I was also told this week for CERTAIN that in December I will be taking over as the Store Manager for the studio which is INCREDIBLY flattering but at the same time I am SCARED *%6$less... It's so much to learn in only about a month's time and there are some MAJOR schedule adjustments that I have to make with my family. I think this has been the HARDEST part of this new position is the hours. I was used to having weekends off and working straight 8:30-4:30 every day and this job is not like that at all. This is also the busiest store in this district so I feel as though I have A LOT of pressure to help keep it busy and the business plentaful. Overall I have gotten mixed reviews from some of the associates and accepting of me as their new "boss" but it really hasn't really sunk in yet for some. Which I can't quite tell yet if this is a good thing or bad... I'm not sure. They has also decided that they are not going to teach me the photography zone until after Christmas which is sad for me, but we are so busy that I understand their reasoning. It just makes me sad afterall this was a MAJOR reason why I wanted this position. My current store manager is also pretty helpful she worries about getting me trained in time and I have to admit that's also weighing on my mind. I have had some pretty wild dreams about it, for those of you that know me most of my stress I take with me to bed... and I dream about it, making sleep difficult to achieve. I am having some mixed emotions about this position right now and I'm not really sure how to handle all my "newness" and I think some of my anxiety is dealing with that. I know that in every job I've taken there has always been an adjustment period and I have to keep thinking that that's what I'm facing right now. So thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice and I do appericate it. I am hoping that after the "christmas rush" I'll be able to make a decision over whether this is something I like or don't like... right now... well let's just say it's not my favorite place to be right now, but I have to keep thinking that it WILL get better. So this is the update... and don't stress about the pictures of Lehna in her skunk outfit... I am going to get them off my camera this weekend... my computer decided NOT to talk to my digital camera... so it's been another issue for the week. So thanks for reading about us!

No comments: