Tuesday, June 21, 2005

UPDATED:Tait's First Father's Day

Updated at the end of "Tait's First Father's Day"!



Lehna has the best daddy in the world. Tait is the greatest dad a mom could ask for. He is caring, understanding, and LOVES his little girl! Tait has his very first Father’s Day and to celebrate it, Lehna made him (with mommies help) a picture frame with Lehna’s foot prints and at daycare she made him (with Penny’s help) an apron that had her hand and foot print on it. Tait was very excited about his gifts and he said he can’t wait to get a picture in the frame so he can take it to work.



Tait is totally devoted to Lehna I have never seen a man so involved with his child. Tait was so very nervous about becoming a daddy and being able to take care of Lehna. So to help ease all of our nerves I had enrolled both of us into some Child Care Classes to help “educate” us before we became parents. At the classes it was clear that Tait was going to be a great dad. He listened to their advice and also read some additional books to help prepare us to know what to expect and how to handle situations when they arise.


The day Lehna was born he didn’t want to leave Lehna’s side. He was so proud to be able to carry Lehna into the nursery after she was born and to be able to show all the awaiting family. He has really developed a strong bond with Lehna and it’s amazing to watch.


Tait is always helpful with Lehna and is always sooooo willing to take Lehna in the morning so that I can fall back to sleep. He enjoys just watching her and telling her how special she is and it’s really touching to see Tait enjoy his child so much. The more Lehna changes it seems Tait falls more in love with her. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband.


Most men would shy away from changing dirty diapers or hand off a crying baby but Tait actually welcomes the challenges with open arms and is more the willing to do what ever she needs to make her happy. He is amazing and I’m lucky to have such an amazing man in my life.


So Happy Father’s Day to you Tait and both Lehna and I love you with all our hearts.





WEEKEND UPDATE:


The best picture of Lehna!!

Well, this weekend was another exciting weekend! Why was it such a wonderful weekend… well it’s because I turned 25! Yep another year older. I would say wiser but let’s not stretch it! Actaully, since I had Lehna I think some of my brainpower has actually left me… which is scary!

To celebrate my birthday, Tait got me the latest book by my favorite author Johanna Lindsey called “A Scandelous Marriage”… which by the way I have read completely from cover to cover. Couldn’t put it down! It was GREAT! It was a lot different then I thought it was going to be but hey it was still good! I also got some birthday money from the parents so THANK YOU MOM AND HELEN! Tait and I went to Joe’s Crab Shack in Indianapolis for dinner. I convienced Jackie to watch Lehna for the weekend… although it didn’t take much of a fight. They kept Lehna Saturday to Sunday. Dinner was nice; it was a little odd though. For those of you who have never been to Joe’s, it’s like looking in an Oriental Trading Magazine and seeing all the crap that you don’t need hanging from the ceiling. I thought the dessert and appetizers were WONDERFUL but I wasn’t impressed by the crab there so that was a disappointment. Next year we’ll just have to stick with good ol’ Red Lobster. But I think next year I would like to go out in a BIG group of people out to dinner… I haven’t ever done that and I think that would be fun! But we played with Lehna for the morning and afternoon and took Lehna to Jackie and Marcus’. And since I was SUCH A SLACKER last week I have LOTS of pictures of the Love Bug this week… so make sure you check out her photo album to see the pictures not featured in the blog!!


On Sunday we picked Lehna up and took her to get her pictures taken. I wasn’t allowed to go crazy but I did get a good number of photos. She was of course looking ADORABLE! We brought her pink and white outfit and also a yellow and white outfit with ducks for her pictures. So when they come in I’ll scan them in and post them so everyone can see them. But I was really excited. I want to get her pictures taken at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months… so we’ll see if we stick to that pattern! Tait thinks that I should take pictures of her… but I keep telling him that it’s easier just having it done somewhere else! Of course he disagrees! But it was also Father’s Day on Sunday so I made sure that I made Tait’s Favorite dish… Peppercorn Ranch Chicken with Cheesy French Fries. I know that his FAVORITE dish is the Turkey biscuit dish that Helen makes but I don’t know how to make that so chicken was good enough. But I cooked the chicken in the broiler instead of the Forman Grill and for some reason my kitchen just filled with smoke! NOT b/c I burned it but it just got really smoky… and now our house smells like Peppercorn Chicken… so there you go. I know that today once I open the windows and turn on the ceiling fans it will help blow the smell out but it’s just amazing just how well the smell lingers… it’s just a shame I wasn’t making Cinnanon Rolls b/c I could LIVE in that smell! Here’s another picture of Lehna on her changing table with her favorite toy her Giraffe!


I talked to the ladies at her day care this morning and they seem to think that Lehna is teething. They said that based on what they have seen in the children that have been there they said she’s showing all the signs. They said that her constant need to have something in her mouth, her drooling, her trying to chew sideways on her bottle, her cold, and that her gums are really stiff. They feel like maybe she’s trying to push through teeth. They said most babies teeth at 5 months but girls have a tendency to mature early so they wouldn’t be surprised. I haven’t talked to Lehna’s doctor yet but that sure would be nice if it was teething then maybe her cold would go away!


As for development other then her teeth she is really doing well. She holds her head up and can now push up from the floor. She may not be able to push all the way up yet but she is trying. She is always trying to pull forward when you put her in a sitting position she tries to hold herself up. Of course she can’t hold herself up yet but she does try. We try to put her on the floor as much as possible so she can learn how to flip over but she normally doesn’t like that all that well. So she’ll only tolerate it for a little while. But I think she’s doing great!


Next weekend Tait and I are taking a mini vacation and we are going to go visit Helen and Tim in Peru. I’m really excited about it and Tait and I are going to play golf! I know Helen wants to see Lehna so it will be nice to be able to get on the course… I haven’t been able to do that much since Lehna was born! I will be sure to take LOTS of pictures so everyone can see her. But that’s all I have for now make sure you check out her 2-3 MONTH ALBUM! Take care!

No comments: