Thursday, March 17, 2005

Weekly Update

Okay so this week I was a little lacking in getting my update up by Tuesday! But A TON has been happening around here at work and well... I have actually had to work so things kind of got pushed back a bit. There have been a few changes in the baby department that I wanted to update. Well I had some contractions on Thursday and I just thought they were Braxton Hicks so I really didn't really worry about it too much. Well on Friday I was having some tightness in my tummy and it was really sore. Well I called the nurse to ask her what she thought and she asked me a few other questions and she said that I needed to come in to see if I was in Early Early Labor since the contractions I was experiencing were REAL contractions not Braxton Hicks. So I called Tait and he was so cute, he got all excited and told me he'd meet me at home. I left work and drove home and by the time I got home he had loaded the car and was ready to go to the doctor. Well we got to the doctor and the whole drive there I was calling family to let them know where I was going and what I was expecting. Well we go in and she said that I had dilated more to 2 cm and that I wasn't in active labor... boy was a bummed! So she sent us on our merry way. Well this whole weekend Tait and I walked, and walked, and walked... trying to make this baby COME OUT! And I took REALLY warm baths... I tried everything to make things start happening.. Well no luck! Well on Monday I had another appointment and they did another check and I was still dilated and I had progressed to +2 station and was now 90% effaced... so I was pretty excited about that news! But it's now Thursday and still NO BABY! I was hoping that things would really start happening this week and by this weekend we would have baby! So every evening Tait and I have walked around the block a couple of times to help get things a moving. I really wanted baby to be here on the 18th and I THOUGHT I had feelings that that is when she would be here... but apparently I don't have those types of maternal thoughts... darn it! So according to my ticker I have 14 days left! Boy oh Boy I wish it was 0! I just want baby sooooo badly this is like the worst test of patience b/c there is NOTHING I can do help speed the process... Darn Mother Nature! So my next appointment is Tuesday and I know it will be with my regular doctor and he won't check me... b/c he's really odd like that. So I guess we have to leave it up to the darn stork. If the moon cycle has anything to do with it then by the full moon the baby should be here... the next full moon is March 25!!! Which isn't tooooo far away... but still feels like forever. So if you can hear me baby Lehna HURRY UP! Tait my definition of patience is now starting to become impatient we were talking about it last night and he is just as anxious... so you know it's a test when Tait gets impatient! After all he is married to me... the prime of having to have patience! Well that's all I have for this update. Hopefully by the next update baby will be here ((((SIGH))))) Thanks for reading about us!

No comments: