Monday, November 15, 2010

Skating

Okay so this week I’m like 2 days behind my time to update but heck at least it’s before this baby comes out!

Well I took pictures of our Monday adventure. The girls LOVE ice skating right now so I decided to bring my camera and hopefully capture some pictures of these kiddos. They were pretty funny Maya hardly smiles at ALL which is crazy but she talks about it nonstop before we go and after we go but I think she’s just concentrating. Lehna this time wasn’t ready to go where as last week she was READY to go. The girls are asking for skating lessons and I told them that they should as Santa for ice skating lessons. I looked up the price and it looks like something Santa might be able to do.

We have been talking about what to get the girls for Christmas b/c we really don’t want to get them a bunch of toys because they have so many already so we thought maybe we could go “more expensive” just not as many. So I have been looking at maybe the Kenetic for the Xbox I think that the girls would really enjoy it and it doesn’t require a control to use, b/c they struggle with that with the Wii because of the remote so I figure it would be fun for them.

I was also looking at the American Girl dolls since we aren’t going with the too many toys and then just get them an outfit then for their birthday maybe get them another outfit, the dolls are freaking expensive but I thought that they would really like them, I just don’t want them to end up at the bottom of the toy box. But they have these “tea parties” for you and your American Girl Doll and Sharon whom I work with said they are REALLY fun that the girls just love it because the treat the kids like little princesses so I think that would be fun for the girls to do once the baby is born, maybe for their birthday. I don’t know just an idea; again I just don’t want the dolls to end up at the bottom of the toy box which with these to who knows it’s a possible thing.

On Thursday I got a prenatal massage at a local spa and let me tell you that were wonderful. The masseur did “trigger point therapy” which means he would feel in my muscles where the triggers are and he would slowly work them out. He spent a TON of time right around my shoulder blades and he said that I had a lot of knots there. So at the end he gave me some stretches to help keep my muscles loose which I have been doing because he made my back feel soooo good. He said that I should come back and I said “talk to my husband” it was just really nice.

But after my massage I took Friday off. I decided it had been a long time since I took a day off and I needed it. And it was good because Trent and Alta came up to visit us this weekend. I can safely say that on Friday I took the “tour” of the living room, I went the complete circle of nothing but vegging out it was WONDERFUL. Then on Saturday Tait, Trent, and Tim went to Madison to watch Indiana and Wisconsin play and I went to a Mary Kay party, which I had never been to one of those before, strange, but good.

On Saturday night my boss was in a Dancing with the Stars event which he was a competitor in. It was for a local organization that helps children with grief of a parent or sibling, the program part of the night was VERY sad but the entertainment of dancing was really fun. My boss actually won so that was fun it was 50% judge and 50% audience and we had 5 tables all yelling for him so it was good that he won. The event was really fun we hung out with my coworkers and other adults I laughed quite a bit.

I did go to the doctor on Friday and I found out that I’m 8 lbs up… yuck! I know it’s important but still sucks. And the baby is doing fine. The doctor was REALLY cruel and came in and goes “oh you what now 34 weeks” and in my head I was like “am I really 34 weeks already, maybe my calculation has been off” then he goes “oh no you are only 25 weeks they calculated it wrong” I was like DARN IT, but I knew that’s how far I was I was just hoping for a closer due date. Baby is moving around all the time, I have a feeling he’s going to be a night owl because he is all over the place a night and when I’m trying to sit still, of course this is probably the only time when he doesn’t feel mommy moving around so he takes full advantage.

Well that’s life. Feeling good, slowing down a little but still trying to function on all cylinders so it’s fun  that’s life right now. Thanks for reading about us.


a LITTLE shaky

I'm doing my Tricks with a smile!

do I look Scared?

Here we come!

Opps!

Down again!

No comments: