Sunday, October 07, 2007

Julie’s Wedding

This weekend we had Julie’s Wedding, Julie is Jackie’s Sister. Lehna was asked to be the flower girl in her wedding. I was a little nervous when they first asked her to be in the wedding b/c I didn’t know how she would act. Well I should have given my daughter more credit because she did an AWSOME job!

I have pictures this update so get EXCITED!

They took Lehna on Friday b/c the rehearsal was going to be during the day. When I picked up Lehna she was in SUCH a good mood. Jackie said that Lehna was an ANGEL all day. At first I thought maybe I had the wrong child… but she answered to the name Lehna and called me mommy… so I guess it was the right kid. They said she was so good as they did their different errands and during practice. So I was excited. By the time I got Lehna home though she came back to the two-year-old I know and love. She threw a huge fit over juice and cookies… So I’m glad she saved all of her “two year old moments” for me rather then was a pain in the butt for other people all day.

On Saturday we gave both girls a bath and put Lehna in a white dress and put up her hair. I put her hair up in pigtail b/c I thought that would be the cutest and by the time her hair dried her hair was in perfect ringlets. So she looked REALLY cute. Here are some pictures of them getting ready. She was so excited about her new shoes. They are they type of shoes that make clicking noises when you walk on hard surfaces and she couldn’t get enough of them. She was dancing all over the place in her “pretty shoes” as she called them.

Lehna's dress by the way was made entirely made by Jackie. She made the dress instead of ordering one b/c it was cheaper. Jackie did a great job. Seh is going to make Lehna different color bows so I can put them on Lehna to wear to church. The dress was beautiful Jackie you did an excellent job. She made in in a very SHORT amount of time.

Lehna ready to go down the aisle

Zach getting ready for his performance

Once we were ready to go… I went to sit down and waiting for Lehna to come down the aisle. The other tow year old didn’t want to go down the aisle by him so Lehna went down with Jackie and Zach and that was good. Lehna held her flowers and walked down the aisle. She didn’t really smile but at least she didn’t throw a fit or run the other way. So I was pleased.

SHOWTIME!

After the wedding, which Julie looked amazing, her dress was really beautiful. They went and had some cheese and punch b/c we couldn’t get into the reception all until another 45 minutes. So we kind of waited around to do pictures. Lehna did the pictures and she did a good job she was only in two of them so it was pretty easy once they got started. I am putting all the pictures I stole from the photographer.
Jackie and Julie (I apologize for the facial expressions I was trying to do this FAST)

Lehna, Julie, & Dan

Too precious not to share

Lehna waiting for pictures

The DeAromond, Rhine, Knotts Family

After the pictures we went to the reception. Lehna was pretty excited b/c we kept telling her she was going to be able to dance once we got to the reception. And she was starving so we gave her some of the chocolates on the table (the favors) to help tide her over until it was time for the party to start. Marcus came over to our table and invited us to sit with him and Jackie’s father so that was nice. We were at table one so we didn’t have to wait to eat which I was glad b/c Lehna had had WAY too much chocolate. When we were eating the starting playing the music and Lehna couldn’t hold still she was all over the dance floor. I think the sugar in the chocolate was starting to kick in b/c she was all of a sudden very HYPER!

Lehna and Marcus making the "second entrance" since I didn't get my camera to work the first time

We got Lehna to calm down by having her color and with the promise of cake (yeah I know more sugar) and she sat as I watched over her colorings and asked LOTS of questions. The distraction seemed to work, but not for long soon she was out on the dance floor once again. I took her up for a song then Jackie and Julie took her out on the floor.

Jackie and Lehna Dancing

Julie and Lehna Dancing

Soon after cake was served it was time to go. Maya had had it. She was falling asleep with the loud music and REALLY wanted a bottle like right now. So I quickly whipped up a bottled and plugged it in the mouth and we were off to home.

Maya and Tait

The wedding was really wonderful. It was a bit on the hot side but that was okay b/c we weren’t out in the heat for very long. I did feel sorry for the boys though b/c they had tuxes on and they looked really hot. But after the wedding and pictures were over they were stripped down to just the shirt and pants and then seemed much more comfortable.

So congratulations Julie and Dan we wish you both great happiness and thank you for including Lehna.
Lehna acting goofy

No comments: