Monday, February 28, 2005

Baby Shower

This Sunday I had my first baby shower for Lehna. I had a very nice time. Lehna made out like a bandit! It was crazy. We played the game where you have to memorize things on the tray and then you had to remember what we just saw and then we also played the "dirty diaper game" and well that game was kind of gross. It was kind of hard to who would have thought melted chocolate would be hard to identify. The food was WONDERFUL it was a salad luncheon and I ate like a pregnant person it was great! I enjoyed myself. Lehna got many many things and I am VERY grateful for all of them. I know Lehna is equally exited if she knew what we were talking about. The shower was great and I am going to get pictures so I will attach them to the blog once I figure out how to do that. LOL Technology and I just don't always get along! But Lehna received a high chair, carseat stroller set, Mini swing, Lots and Lots of pink clothes, blankets, a Bandana bear Lamp and mobile, baby food spoons, dishes, and cups, bottles, diapers, baby medical kits, baby toys, a digital baby journal (which I'm going to check out to see if I can use it on the site), picture frame, monitor, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head. I am soooooo grateful for all the gifts and the shower and I thank everyone that gave us the gifts and planned the shower. I am working on the thank you cards and I hope to have them out by the end of this week. I do have another baby shower on Saturday so I'm pretty excited about that shower too. It's amazing just how much "stuff" this baby takes! Who would have thought some one so small could need so much! I guess the smaller they are the more they need. I was really excited to unpack everything that took a LONG time and I have started to sort out the unisex baby outfits that I am going to wash up. I know that I will probably get more at the next shower but I want to have something ready just incase baby Lehna decides to come THIS WEEK! Wouldn't that be WONDERFUL I know I would like it! I just want Baby here! I know Tait worries that the baby won't be "ready" which I also have those worries but I just can wait to hold the baby in my arms and give her kisses and all that good stuff, even the not so good stuff I can't wait for. Although I keep hearing over and over is "enjoy the time now" which I know things will change majorly but I think it will be a nice welcome change. At least I say that now. Well that is my weekly update. Lehna still continues to kick the heck out of my sides and ribs.... the rat! Until next week.

No comments: