Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Baby Lehna

I wanted to update my online journal of baby Lehna's progress. This week we had another doctor appointment and it went very well. I found out that the reason why my hips were aching so badly is because they are expanding to make room for baby to "come down" so that was kind of exciting news. I asked the nurse if there was anything I can do about the soreness and she said "not really" so that was kind of disappointing she said I can take warm baths and Tylenol and that is about it. I have learned though that the slow dancing that Tait and I learned at the child birth class makes my hips feel so good so we have been doing A LOT of dancing lately! The baby has been doing quite a number of pushes and tugs this morning I think she may be in a bad mood, and I didn't even put ice on my belly! I can't believe just how close we are to getting to see baby Lehna (or Nikolai)! It just makes me so happy to think about. Tait is so very cute as he talks about how he's excited about having her here it makes me really happy. I know that I'm ready for her to be here I am ready NOT being pregnant any more... not that I haven't enjoyed the experience I am just ready for the next part. I have heard its better. We have a baby shower this weekend for Tait's side of the family. I'm pretty excited about it; I know it will be a lot of fun. It just will be fun to see all of Tait's family since we really don't see them all that much. They are such a riot! And I have heard through the grape vine that Lehna is going to be quite the spoiled baby! AND this is only the FIRST shower! It's just scary she's not even here yet and she's going to be a clothes monster! So all the hospital bags are packed and ready to go... I keep having these dreams about the carseat. Last night I had this dream that the hospital REFUSED to let me take the baby home because the carseat was not up to safety standards so we kept buying new ones and they said that we only had 3 attempts to get the carseat right or we would not be able to EVER take the baby home. I think I'm having some anxiety over the whole carseat thing... I think that if I were to do it over again I would get the carseat ourselves not that I don't trust the relatives to get it but I think that since I am not the one picking it out it makes me nervous... why I'm not sure I think it's part of my neurotic personality. I know that which ever one we get it's going to be perfectly fine but again... it's just me I guess! Well that's my update for the week. I know that next week I will have much more to say about the first shower and the up coming shower the next weekend! Shower Shower everywhere! Well thanks for reading about Baby Lehna!

No comments: