Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend fun

Okay so keeping up with this blog is really become a low priority for me, but another day another update... so enjoy.

So I wanted to update two weeks worth of information. We had such a great weekend a couple of weekends ago I didn't want it to get brushed aside... so let's start there.

Two weekends ago we were back in Indiana for the Brooks Family Reunion. It is always fun to go to this reunion they are always trying new things out and this time. They decided to have the a campout, me not being a huge camper was a little leery but I thought the girls would have a great time so I was willing to try it out. So we headed down for the weekend back to Indiana. We got rained out during the pool party. It is a super nice pool but had to get out a couple of times b/c of lighting but we stayed 'safely' under our metal umbrellas and tents trying to stay as dry as possible during the small passing lighting storm. After the storm passed the weather cleared and it was really nice. Maya was HILARIOUS in the pool. She was in her life jacket and a round doughnut and just laid back and relaxed. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. She didn't really want to "swim" just float... and she did. Lehna got REALLY brave and wanted her to float around in her life jacket and paddle around. This was much better then last year b/c last year she was totally afraid of the water.

After a couple of hours of swimming and eating we left to go to the campout and set up. The campout area was really big. There was HUGE pond that had fish in it and there were camp sites already set up by other family members that slept there the night before. So we set up our tent, it was quite a fast thing to put up, with assistance of course. Then we took the kids down to the lake so they could 'fish' and I use this term very loosely b/c first of all we didn't want to bait and hook their poles b/c we figured if we did that they would then have weapons... and boy am I glad there weren't hooks. So the girls just put their poles in the water and fished. Below are some of the pictures which was really fun.

When it started getting dark it was time to start the fire works. Tait's cousins truly out did themselves. There were sooooo many fireworks it was totally foggy with smoke after they were done. The show was amazing it was better then most city park fireworks. So that was really fun to watch. After the fire works little Maya was sooooo very tired. She went down in an instead when we laid down. Lehna kept repeating out loud that this was her favorite weekend ever. Which I thought was really fun. I know she had a good time. We slept pretty good. I woke up at 3 just b/c I was awake and moved Maya back away from the wet wall and when it was time to wake up to play in the golf scramble the girls were still fast asleep.

Tait and I went and played in a family golf scramble. It was awesome b/c our team won so that made it really fun. I hit some REALLY bad shots but then I hit some good shots too so it was fun. After we got done with the golf scramble we went back to the camp ground and picked up our area then headed off to the Kennedy Family reunion. This was a little smaller but it was fun too. We didn't stay too long b/c I was ready to get back on the road and back home.

So it was a lot of fun just hanging out with family and seeing everyone. Anytime there is food involved and family around I know I will have a good time. So the pictures say it all the girls really had a great time and so did I.

Lehna Posting with her Fishing pole
I haven't caught anything yet mom!
Big Smiles from Maya
I just love this picture of her.
Is this how you do it mom?
Deklyn giving her shot at fishing
Landyn gave a try too.
I'm busy Mom!

Big Smiles for Everyone!

No comments: