Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Update...

So I need to update… It’s really hard to update right now b/c of all the crap that is going on right now. So I’m not going to go into much detail b/c honestly… I don’t think that I want to remember this later when I’m going back and rereading this one day. I will say that Tait and I are having some problems. We are dealing with them together we are both seeing a marriage and family therapist and that are it. We are working through them and hopefully by the time we get to the end of this journey we will be much stronger then we have ever been.

As far as what’s going on in our family. Lehna and Maya are growing minute by minute. Lehna has really started to be a protector for Maya, any time Maya is upset and crying Lehna is right there trying to make her feel better. It’s a really cool trait to see that my oldest has for my youngest and I hope that it continues. Maya has become Lehna’s little side companion. I can’t wait until Maya can really “play” with Lehna, they try the best they can but Maya really doesn’t know what to do… and just usually follows Lehna’s foot steps basically just doing copy cat. Lehna sometimes gets upset especially when Maya grabs that doll that she is playing with or whatever but for the most part Lehna is pretty tolerant of her little sister.

We moved Maya into the booster seat for dinner. We had her in the high chair for a long time but Maya really didn’t like it and when we pushed that tray part on it it trapped Maya too much and she kind of revolted and cried… so the Booster seat is where she sits now. It’s funny at dinner time both girls are so different. Depending on the day will depend on who will be the best eater. I used to be able to depend on Maya being the best eater but recently Lehna has really been a better eater. Maybe Lehna is going through a growing spurt and needs to food to help her grow or something… who knows.

As far as the holidays it was more stressful then normal. Tait and I went to his family in Williamsport then I went to Peru to see my side of the family. I thought about taking the girls with me but then I thought it would be an easier trip for me if I just went by myself. It was nice being able to see family. I was disappointed b/c I was really hoping we would play games and return to normal but we didn’t. I was surprised that there wasn’t very many people there I expected to see more but I’m sure I’ll see them for Christmas. I love Christmas I just love it b/c everyone is just so happy.

On Friday of Thanksgiving we had a pretty low key day I didn’t even go shopping we took the kids to Indianapolis to see Tait’s Aunt and Uncle and Tait’s’ parents stayed over night and took our kids for the even and Tait and I spend some much needed time together one on one. It was really nice. One Saturday Helen and Tim brought our kids back to us and we had lunch and Tait’s dad fixed our dryer… well it now makes a new noise but that’s okay at least he tried. Then on Sunday we didn’t do much of anything besides putting up our Christmas tree. Putting up our tree didn’t take very long it probably took us like maybe 20 minutes total to put it up. It was really crazy how quickly we put it up. This was help from Maya and Lehna too. Lehna really was a big help she would put all the ornaments up in one spot. Maya tried a couple of times but she was more interested in taking them off verses putting them up so after telling her to no touch a couple of times… she got bored and walked away. It was fun to let Lehna help put up the tree I think she really liked it. Now at night she is kind of strange b/c I thought she would really like the tree turned on and light up… but about 8 p.m. every night she announces that the tree needs to be turned off and she walks over and pushes the button to turn of the tree… it’s kind of strange but I think she likes to push the button on the floor.

For the most part that is what’s going on…

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hang in there girlie.. hopefully in the end everything will work out for whats best for you and your girls! I love you girlie!! ♥

Stephanie said...

I know All of us will get through this. It's just not a good place right now but I know at the end... whatever happens I will have lots of support. That's all that matters right now is the support. I appericate you. Thank you for your encouragement.

Take care,
Steph