Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Another Weekend Wizzes By!

Well Greetings we have survived another weekend! It was a close call but we managed to make it!

This weekend was busy but it was SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL outside this weekend it made it okay.

On Saturday morning we packed up the kids and headed to Peru to help Tait’s parents load their U-Hal and also get our U-Hal as well from Kokomo so we could take the Freg, dresser, treadmill, nordiflex, punching bag, and a bunch of boxes for Trent and Tait. I must admit I really didn’t help all that much. It was hard to know what to do to be honest with you since Helen was “sorting” everything before we could pack it. It was MUCH easier to “sort stuff” when Helen was standing right over your shoulder telling you to save everything. So after we got our truck and their truck loaded we headed back to our house. Lehna was upset we weren’t staying the night but the beds were on the way to Wisconsin SOOOO we REALLY didn’t want to sleep on the floor. But we got home… THIS IS WHEN IT GETS INTERESTING.

B/c we had the refrigerator and when we loaded it Sam and Tait pretty much loaded the I didn’t really help, b/c Sam and Tait pretty much did it on their own. So on the way to our house to unload the thing. I tired to call reinforcements to have some help… Well no one was available. Soooo Tait and I backed the truck up to the front door and worked it in. It was HORRIBLE. It was so freaking heavy and I managed to pinch my arm between the wall and my freg it hurt SOOOO BADLY. I have a big bruise on my arm as my war wound. So then we got the dumb thing in the kitchen and set into place after moving the other freg out of the way. Well we really wanted to move the Freg out the back door since that was the closest door and well… needless to say we got it stuck. So we had to back it out of the backdoor and go out the front and load it unto the truck. Did I mention that I had already gotten the house back in “order” so I had to move everything thing around and such a pain in the butt. The hardest part was getting the freg back up the ramp back into the truck. Our neighbors must have been laughing their butts off. After laughing for what felt like 5 years they must have felt sorry for us b/c they came over and offered to help us move. LOL We got it up in the truck then the neighbors disappeared after they figured out we aren’t moving out we were just rearranging furniture… So that’s what happens when you are number one in the neighborhood I guess. Then we unloaded the truck and got all of that done. All this time by the way the girls were in their rooms CRYING b/c we had shut the door and wouldn’t let them out. Let me tell you how FUN it was!

Then on Sunday Lehna saw that it was sunny outside and she went outside for pretty much most of it. I got SOOOO sunburned by Lehna didn’t get anything. So I’m grateful for that. I got to switch out the laundry on the line and also get things folded and put away. Of course our dryer was only “half working” every once awhile the dryer decides that it isn’t going to turn on. I guess it gets too hot or something. I think it has something to do with the fact that it takes two cycles in order to get the stupid thing to dry anything… I guess we need to invest in a new dryer… (sigh) when does it end? So since it was nice I still got to make progress with the laundry I would have been really sad if I would have had to just look at the laundry sit on our floor and on the kid’s floor all week. You know what I mean so that was a blessing in the end.

Maya has been under the weather for the last couple of days and I’m hoping that she recovers really quickly. She was okay on Saturday but I think she got a bug from Deklyn so hopefully it won’t last long. We had to give her SEVERAL baths yesterday. Also Maya is getting in two new teeth FINALLY we can see them coming through of course we don’t see them all the way… but they are there. Also she’s still refusing to walk the little rat! I guess she is going to crawl forever. She’s a smart little monkey though. She knows how to open and close the baby gates so keeping her confined to the front room is very difficult! I keep trying to tell her if she just stops putting random things in her mouth she could have free roam.

So I have a funny story to tell you about Lehna.

On Friday Tait and I took the girls to go get Burger King and as we waited to get our food from the drive through window Lehna goes “looks there’s Jesus” and Tait and I kind of looked around just thinking what in the heck is she talking about… and we were like ‘where?’ and she goes “right there” pointing at the Burger King King… yep that’s right she thought that the Burger King King was JESUS! It was pretty funny… We told her that it wasn’t him but it was pretty hilarious… Tait goes “Great our daughter thinks Jesus is the Burger King King…”

Well that was our weekend and I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, it sounds like a bummer of a weekend getting hurt and moving a heavy fridge around! Funny story about Lehna though!

Stephanie said...

I was just proud she knew his name LOL...

It wasn't too bad... it just was heavy!