Monday, September 17, 2007

Here is my update.

I know that I have been lacking in the update realm but I’m a working progress. I have pictures and everything to put up but they are like two weeks old SOOOO I’m going to put them up ANYWAYS just so there are pictures up… then later I’ll update another date with pictures…

So here’s the update…

On Labor Day we really didn’t do anything too productive besides going to the park. I took pictures at the park so I’m putting those up… We really just lay around and didn’t do much of anything else. Tait did mow the yard, which was exciting but that was about the only thing exciting that happened that weekend.

Then the weekend before last we took the girls to their FIRST Purdue Football game. We had a good time we got a new awing to go over us b/c we didn’t know if we were going to rain or not. So we went to the game and just before the first half was over it started to POUR on us. Everyone around us had umbrellas and jackets we did not. I didn’t bring anything for the girls. Maya seemed to like the rain; she looked up at the sky and watched the rain come down. Lehna on the other hand kind of freaked out so Tait put his shirt on her and his hat and she sat very patiently on Heather’s lap until we decided to leave. It was a good time… it truly was even though we left at half time.

This past weekend I was lucky enough to find tickets on Stubhub.com that were only 6 bucks per person so I “surprised” Tait with tickets. I put Surprise in Quotes because I was telling him about them as I was ordering them. I had to send them to his office since I was going to be out at conference in Indy all day Friday so I didn’t want to Miss FedEx when they came on Friday. Tait was pretty excited they were cheap enough that we got two extra tickets for Tim and Trent and they came down to watch the game.

When we put up our awing this time we had some trouble pulling the stupid contraption apart. So we pulled really hard on it and it finally went up… much to our dismay that the one side of the awing was bent… so after one time of using the awing I have to take it back. It was only $60 but still that’s STILL $60 BUCKS! So my plan was to take it back on my lunch hour today during Work but… plans changed.

Lehna and Maya have the stomach flu. Lehna was throwing up every HOUR last night and Maya isn’t throwing up but it’s affecting her other end. So today I got to stay home and watch them all day. I called the doctor on call last night b/c Lehna was vomiting so much I thought maybe it was something else but the doctor just said it was the stomach flu and to keep both girls as hydrated as we can. So needless to stay I didn’t sleep very much last night. I got to change Lehna’s sheets and bedding four separate times and my bedding once. By the end of the night I had it down to a system. Lehna kind of gives a warning cry before she spews so I would RUN to her room and pulls her off the bed and then just “wait” it was pretty fabulous.

Tait got Maya duty while I tended to Lehna. Maya was up a number of times last night so Tait and I didn’t get very much sleeping at all last night. Both girls are still feeling pretty yucky so Tait has arranged to where he can take the day off tomorrow to watch them since I need to go back to work. I really hate it when the girls are sick it makes me worry about them and there’s just nothing I can do to help them.

So that’s what we have been doing for the last 24 hours is nursing the girls. I am hoping that it will just take them one more day to get them back to ‘normal’ Lehna is very lethargic and for anyone that knows Lehna you know that means she’s not feeling very good she’s usually bouncing off the walls so this was quite a change. I did a ton of laundry today so I could get all the sheets and blankets washed. They said this flu has been going around for the past two weeks so it’s just a bug. The doctor said it would probably last 24-48 hours so hopefully by the time I get home tomorrow they will be back to their old selves again.

So that’s life at our house right now not too exciting I just wanted to send an update to everyone out there to let everyone know that we are alive and kicking.

Enjoy the pictures.


Lehna in a very cute hat!


Maya giving me a BIG smile!


Lehna in her Purdue Cheer leading Outfit!



Lehna playing on the slide

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YUCK!! Your girls have the sickies too... Aubree was up ALL night Saturday puking then was fine Sunday and yesterday at school. Then last night around 7:30 it started again. Needless to say I am home with her today. How's your girls feeling?

Stephanie said...

They are still sick even today. They have it coming from both ends so I feel really bad for them but there's just nothing I can do for them. Maya is Fussy and Lehna is just sleepy. Both were up all hours of the night last night it was GREAT FUN! Lehna did get sick last night but they are just so icky feeling. Hopefully they will be back to normal tomorrow. They said it's lasting 24-48 hours... and it hits 48 at 6 tonight... so I hope they can go back to daycare! I HOPE! It's no fun when they are sick.