Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update update whose got the update…

Okay so it’s been a couple of days since I have last updated but I have to tell you trying to balance two new children is A LOT different then trying to balance one. So I’ve been busy and on top of that I have had my mom for the past week then we went to Tait’s parents for a couple of days so I haven’t been home and yahda yahda I’ve been busy okay so DON’T JUDGE ME! LOL just kidding of course

Well those past couples of weeks have been busy and it’s been an adjustment period for all of us. It’s hard to believe that not more then 12 days ago I was still pregnant wishing for the whole thing to be over with. Crazy just how fast things change isn’t it? Well I’m still glad I’m no longer pregnant but it has definitely taken Lehna a couple of days to decide whether or not she was going to be “difficult or easy” with the new baby. Of course today just might have been a bad day AND we have been over at the Wagner’s for the past couple of days so now we are in the “reprogram” mode. She gets away with EVERYTHING when we are visiting Nana and Papal which I don’t really mind it just sucks after we get home and we want her to return to her normal “behaved” self. Of course we are now in the two-year-old mode so maybe it’s adjusting to that too. Lehna has developed this very INDEPENDENT part of her personality where NO one can help her with ANYTHIGN and if you even SUGGEST it, it makes the entire situation worse and it’s basically like trying to reason with a stubborn mule. Of course I hear from my mom that this is EXACTLY how I was so maybe it’s just genetics… the poor girl.

Lehna has been pretty good with the baby for the most part. She wants to help all the time, which is kind of nice but if she doesn’t get the help just in the way she wants to throws a fit. So that’s been kind of driving me crazy but of course this IS an adjustment period so I just have to wait it out. She also has decided that ANYTIME that I am not with the baby is her time and she has decided to follow me around that house asking me a million times what I’m doing and how she can help. Cute and sweet but I don’t know if any of you have ever “experienced” help from a two year old but it usually makes the task take quite a bit longer, and you usually have to do it twice, b/c in the process they have managed to “undo” what you have already gotten accomplished. Again today might have just been a bad day so maybe I’m not being 100% fair to her but today was a BAD day in the fit throwing modes and the “helping” modes so it’s really affected her attitude, oh and she didn’t get a nap today so by 6 p.m. I was ready to put her in her room the rest of the night just to get some peace and quite. I didn’t lock her in her room or anything like that but I was EVER so grateful when she decided to conked out at 8:30 this evening. I was able to get the budget done, bills paid, AND blogging… so there you go. So enough about me whining about dealing with my two-year-old and let me get down to what I was doing for the past couple of days.

I am going to insert some pictures into the blog so you can see what Maya looks like and see recent pictures. The next couple of pictures are from Lehna’s two-year birthday I was finally able to get them off of my camera. The evening was pretty uneventful we couldn’t really plan anything in the weeks prior b/c we didn’t know if Maya would be making an appearance before or after her birthday so we decided just to have a quiet evening at home. We took her out to pizza hut b/c she loves to eat pizza and we had a cake and gave her a few things. This child needs no more toys so we got her a small train set and a basket full of precious moment’s items like a coloring book and a small doll for her to play with. Below are pictures from the birthday celebration. I realize that Lehna doesn’t have pants on… most of the time once we get her diaper changed we can’t wrestle pants back on her or she wants to do it herself and for some reason we didn’t get them back on her… so that’s why she’s pantless.

Lehna's Birthday Cake

"A Card for Me?"

"Is this MY Birthday?"

"I wish"

"I hope my wish comes true!"

The next group of pictures are from when we were in the hospital with Maya. We really didn’t take very many pictures b/c we were pretty tired and we just didn’t have the camera out as much for some reason. I feel bad I didn’t even get out the video camera when we were at the hospital. I really haven’t gotten the video camera out very much at all even with Lehna so I have been VERY bad in that respect which is really bad of me… you would think I would know better but I really am very bad in that respect.

Maya's First Picture

Sweet Baby Sleep


My Family

We went to stay with Tait’s parents for the last couple of days so today was the first day back. We did get to go to grandmas for Easter and that was a good time. Lehna was able to hunt for eggs and she made out pretty good. We added her “findings” to her swing set fund and hopefully we will get her swing set in the next couple of weeks. Well after we got home from grandma’s we came to a surprise. Helen and Tanna put up a sandbox in the living room. Now I don’t know many grandmas’ that put up sandboxes in their living rooms but Lehna and Maya’s did. Lehna and Landyn had a good time playing in it. They would fling sand all over the carpet, couch, and table so after that point as you walked through the house it was like walking at the beach. Both Tanna and Helen figured they would keep most of the sand in the box and it wouldn’t get all over but that wasn’t quite the case. I mean both kids really enjoyed it so I guess it was worth the mess but I hope Lehna doesn’t expect ME to put up a sandbox in my living room b/c it just ain’t going to happen I don’t even like sandboxes on the outside not alone INSIDE!

Sand in the living room

While mom was here visiting we were able to get all the grandkids together so I wanted to share this picture with everyone. Getting all Three was kind of a crazy job but we managed to get it done.

Nana with her grandbabies

Also Lehna has really enjoyed holding Maya and we were able to get a picture of them together. So enjoy.


"I love my sister!"

We are going to have to meet with the lady from First Steps tomorrow since Maya didn’t pass her hearing test at the hospital. I talked to Dr. Patel Maya’s pedestrian when we visited there last week and she said that it’s pretty common with newborns it normally happens b/c they get fluid in their ear and it kind of blocks their hearing for a couple of weeks and eventually the fluid will drain out and she will be fine. She passed her hearing test in the left ear it was just her right ear that didn’t pass. She doesn’t “fail” it just she is referred to this First Steps place and they have to do additional testing. We are meeting with her tomorrow to ‘enroll’ use in to the program and then we will take Maya to Purdue where they will do additional testing on her. I am hoping to have more information on it tomorrow and since we have had her tested I think the fluid has drained out. I mean we won’t know for certain until they do the test again but we have to wait. I will keep you posted on it.

Well have a good evening and I’ll keep you posted on Lehna and Maya’s progress.

Thanks for reading about us.

One last picture for you…

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you! And I'm loving the photos that finally made it to the computer! Keep em coming (you know in your down time!). I miss you!

Sarah said...

Love the pictures... especially the one of Lehna and Maya together and the last one. They are both so beautiful ♥

I am with you on the sandbox in the livingroom - that is SO not happening here LOL

Have a great weekend!!

Joyce said...

I thought I'd check in with you to make sure everything is okay. Email me or call me if you need to! I hope all is well with the new family! Talk to you soon.