Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Update!

Okay now I know that I’m starting to slack when my husband asks me about updating my blog so that just goes to show you that I’m really being lazy!

Just so you all know I’m STILLLLLLLL pregnant! I know that I have like 19 days to go but still I was at least hoping to go EARLY would that be too much to ask! Okay enough of this let me give you the 411 on Maya.

I did go to the doctor on Thursday March 8th for an unexpected doctor’s appointment b/c I wanted to see if they wanted me to travel to Peru this weekend AND they did a check. Basically they said that I am dilated to 1 cm and I’m about 50% effaced. Which by the way is great news also Maya’s head is right where it needs to be (pressing up against my bladder, making it impossible to move without having the feeling of having to go pee). She said that she may not come down any more since this is the second baby. They said they normally don’t come down as far but she might I’m thinking any more pressure on my bladder and I will have to wear diapers! I have gained about a pound and a half so I’m hoping that that’s ALLLLLL baby! So she’s probably about 7lbs and some ounces which are about where Lehna was when she was born. Also they did measure my belly again to see how “big” I am and I’m measuring at 39.5 cms which means I’m measuring about 2 cms bigger then where I’m supposed to be which I don’t know if that is a predictor or what I sure hope so though! She didn’t really know what to suggest she said since Peru is within an hour’s drive to Lafayette that it would probably be okay, but Tait and I decided to play it safe and we stayed home. I walked and walked and walked some more this weekend just trying to move things along.

So this weekend we pretty much didn’t do a ton of things. I was able to get the laundry COMPLETLEY done and I’m talking COMPLETELY I even got the odds and ends done like bath mats and such so I was EXCITED about that. I also picked up my living room about 5 billion times. Lehna just loves to make messes then walk away. We have been working with her but she still just doesn’t grasp the concept that she has to put away the toy first before getting another toy so we’ll have to see what happens about that so far we have been unsuccessful.

One thing that I didn’t know Lehna could do that we just discovered is Lehna can count to ten all by her self! I know that sounds kind of odd that I don’t know that she could do that, but they have been working on it at daycare and they just don’t go over everything that they are learning at daycare and we normally don’t see her teacher we normally get there after her teacher has left for the day. But Lehna was standing in the kitchen doing her normal “Lehna thing” and she started counting her steps as she walked and she went from one-ten without any help. She also tried to continue from 10 but she just started randomly stating numbers so I think they are working on adding more then just 1-10 but right now they are stopping at 10. I knew she knew her alphabet b/c she will sing the song to you if you ask her to so I was pretty excited about it.

Lehna’s 2 year birthday is next week! I can’t believe it’s truly amazing just how fast time flies by. I know I have had a few people ask me if we are going to do anything for her birthday and right now I can’t say for certain unfortunately with baby Maya coming ANYTIME we don’t want to make too many plans b/c I don’t want to have to cancel them later. So we really don’t know what we are going to do probably just a cake and that’s about it unless baby Maya decides to cooperate and we will be able to have a little thing for welcoming that baby AND being able to celebrate Lehna’s bday. So everything is pretty much in the air right at this moment. I have her birthday present so I feel prepared for that but I don’t have a cake or anything like that but it’s just too early to get that kind of stuff. She really likes Elmo so maybe something Elmo as far as the cake but again it’s just too hard to judge. Helen was talking about it last night that she may have bring a cake to the hospital or something like that so we’ll just have to wait and see. Darn stork!

So that’s pretty much life right now I hope baby comes soon or I will die! LOL okay so I won’t die but still!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats!!! She's so beautiful!! ♥