Sunday, April 17, 2005

I Think We're Alone Now...

Well, this was my first week where I was all by myself with the baby. Overall the week went really well. I did have to call my mother-in-law once to get laundry tips and I did call my mom twice this week to tell her how things were going. So I would say that it was a pretty successful week.

I even felt confident enough to take Lehna out of the house on Thursday to get the mail and to the grocery store. It was good because Lehna was asleep at the store, so that made the trip pretty easy. I did have two bottles prepared just in case though... I wasn't taking any chances. I did find that once you put baby in the grocery cart you have very little room for anything else... which could be a problem if I ever have to do any 'MAJOR' shopping on my own with Lehna. So that's something to keep in mind for the future. But I know that I'll get the hang of the whole baby thing soon.

Lehna is changing so quickly already! It is really amazing. She looks nothing like her baby pictures from the hospital and even pictures that were taken last week don't look anything like her. It's really crazy. She is starting to recognize both Tait and my voice, usually when one of us is holding her, we start talking, and Lehna starts to look around for the voice. She is also starting to hold her head up more consistently. Of course she's not perfect at it. And her head does bob around on occasion but compared to where she was 2 weeks ago she is really doing an excellent job. It's amazing!

Being a parent is such a crazy thing it's so wonderful but at the same time it's so challenging. I guess this is what I have to look forward to for the next 18+ years. Of course, when Lehna cries right now it's basically feed me, change me, or hold me. I think later it is going to be a bit more difficult to determine why she's crying. Lehna is now sleeping in her bassinet for the majority of the night. She sleeps for about 4 hours and then wants to be fed. But after she eats, she goes back to her bed and sleeps... of course during the day we are still working on it; but progress is progress.

I also talked to the day care this week and told her that her first day and found out what I needed to bring and that type of thing. After I got off the phone I was ready to cry... it really sucked. Tait was going to drop Lehna off her first day, but now it looks like I'm going to have to take her on the first day... which is going to be so very hard. I know that I don't really have a choice in the matter and she will need to be at day care, but every time I think about how much I am going to miss, it makes me sick to my stomach. But I know that I will need to be strong and take her there it will be really good for her socializing and I know she will be well taken care of... it will be just hard. But those are thoughts I don't want to think about just yet... Well, I hate to leave on such a sad note but baby is calling my name, so I'll update next week! Until then!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

COngrats on your first week alone with little Lehna!!! It is very hard at first but once you get the hang of it it gets easier. Things kids just come naturally. She is so pretty.. I have been showing her off at work!! :) Try not to think so much about the first day of daycare... it is going to be VERY hard.. I went to work crying so prepare your self!! Well Aubree is calling me so I better go!! Can't wait to see more pics and read your next update!! Lots of love!! ~Sarah, Dwight, & the kids!!

Sarah said...

Where's some updated pics?? LOL Hope you and the baby are doing well!! Hope to hear from you soon! :)